Practical Driving Test Questions From Pupils...

Question - Do they supply a car for the driving test?

Pupil Driving Test Questions
Do they supply a car for the driving test?

No - you need to supply a legal, roadworthy car with L-plates.

Therefore, your car will need to be insured, taxed and have a valid MOT (if applicable).

The majority of candidates use their Driving Instructor's car for the test - the car will have all the requirements necessary.

Some test candidates use their own car because they feel more comfortable in it. In these cases, it's up to the person taking the test to ensure that the vehicle meets all the requirments. The Examiner will not allow the test to go ahead if the car doesn't meet the requirements.


On the Examiner's marking sheet there's a declaration the candidate must sign before the test, it states that the vehicle meets all the legal requirements. The actual declaration wording is below:

I declare that:

The use of the test vehicle for the purposes of the test is fully covered by a valid policy of insurance which satisfies the requirements of the relevant legislation.

Driving Test - Book your test today!

Booking the driving test isn't hard, however, it's a good idea to have the correct documents at hand.

The same information is required whether booking online, over the phone or by post